Emergency Action Plan
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
An Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is designed to help team officials and guardians respond to emergency situations in a responsible and clear-headed way.
Emergency Phone Number: 911
CHEO - The Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
401 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L1
Major Intersection: Vanier Pkwy and McArthur Ave.
Cumberland United-Unis Soccer Club (CUSC) Clubhouse Address:
2075 Trim Road, Orleans, ON, K4A 3R2
Major Intersection: Trim Road and Innes Road, Orleans
When an injury occurs:
- Control the environment so that no further harm occurs (stop all athletes)
- Assess Injuries
When to Activate EAP?
- No Pulse
- No Breathing
- Bleeding Profusely
- Impaired consciousness
- Injuries to Back, Neck, Head
- Major Trauma to a Limb
- Cannot move or Feel Limbs
- When you believe you should
How to Activate EAP?
- Call 911 or tell someone to call and relay the information about injuries
- Provide First Aid: STABILIZE athlete
- Gather facts by talking to injured athlete and anyone who witnessed incident
- Stay with the injured athlete and try to calm him/her.
- First aid and CPR courses in the City of Ottawa
EAP (Once the player is Stabilized):
- Have an Emergency Medical Form of the player ready for Paramedics.
- Notify parents if not on the scene.
- Take Notes of player's name and injuries, hospital name, time, location, witnesses, referees...
- Record incidents/injuries on Special Incident Report Form.
- Each player should have an Emergency Medical Form completed.
- The Club encourages all Team Officials to take a First aid and CPR course. Click here for listing.
First Aid Kit Contents (located in CUSC clubhouse) as a Guideline:
- 1 First Aid Box
- 1 Pocket Guide
- 3 Instant Cold Packs
- 2 Pairs of surgical Gloves
- 3 BenzalkoniumChl. Antiseptic Towelettes
- 6 Moist Towelette Wet-Nap
- 1 Wire Splint
- 1 Heat Reflective Survival Wrap
- 10 Regulars size Adhesive bandages
- 5 Large Adhesive bandages
- 4 3X3 Sterile Gauze
- 2 Triangular Bandages
- 1 Rolled Sterile Stretch Gauze Bandages
- 1 Roll of 3M Medical Tape
- 1 Elastic Support Bandage / 2 Holding pins
- 1 pair of Tweezers
- 1 Pair of Bandage Scissors
- 10 Safety Pin (2 Sizes)
- 1 Eye Wash bottle
- 1 CPR Pocket Mask (Adult size only)
- 1 Ziploc Bag