Now Hiring: Academy Staff Coach - OPDL
Ottawa TFC is looking for one to two qualified and interested staff coaches to join our dynamic coaching staff at one of the fastest growing and most respected youth clubs in the province. Both full time and part-time positions are available, depending on experience, work-load and expectations.
We are looking for dynamic coaches who are growth minded, good communicators, able and eager to work in a team setting (team of coaches/staff) and share the club’s vision of developing people and players.
Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Director (TD), this position will provide professional coaching services to the Ottawa TFC Academy streams. This will include on-field coaching commitments with the top academy teams (U13-U18), as outlined by the TD, as well as working with programs and teams across other levels and ages of the club.
Staff Coaching Duties:
- Working as the lead coach for up to two OPDL teams. This includes:
- Designing and leading training sessions up to 5 times weekly, within an annual periodized training curriculum. At Ottawa TFC, these age groups train after school between 4:00 and 5:30 pm.
- Attending and coaching all games and meetings with these teams.
- Provide additional coaching services at the club in surrounding/complimentary programs. Can include:
- Additional Technical training for teams within the coaches primary age group.
- Coaching within the age groups a year or two below the coaches primary age group.
- Assist with all player and coach evaluations as required by TD.
Qualifications of Staff Coach:
- Coaching experience/qualifications
- Possesses all minimum requirements to coach competitive soccer in Ontario
- Minimum National-B or National Youth Coaching license completed by 2023 (or equivalent - ie: UEFA B or higher)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coaching high level youth soccer.
- Playing experience:
- University, college, semi-pro or professional playing experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication:
- Excellent and timely written communication skills for liaising with coaches, managers, parents and staff
- Commensurate with experience and qualification, the position will carry an annual salary range.
Interested applicants please submit resumes/CVs and proof of highest coaching certification to email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.