Academy Staff Coach
Now Hiring: Academy Staff Coach - O.P.D.L.
Ottawa TFC is looking for a qualified and energetic staff coach to join our dynamic coaching staff at one of the fastest growing and most respected youth clubs in the province.
We are looking for dynamic coaches, who live our club's values, and are eager to work in coaching team that strives to develop exceptional people, players and leaders.
Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Director (TD), this position will provide professional coaching services to the Ottawa TFC Academy streams. This will include on-field coaching commitments with the top academy teams (U13-U18), as outlined by the TD, as well as working within the grassroots divisions between U8 and U12. A large portion of this role is on the field, with some administrative and organizational responsibilities associated with the divisions you will be coaching in.
Staff Coaching Duties:
- Working as the lead coach of an O.P.D.L. team within the club. This includes:
- Designing and leading training sessions up to 5 times weekly, within an annual periodized training curriculum. At Ottawa TFC, these age groups train after school between 4:00 and 6:00 pm.
- Attending and coaching all games and meetings with these teams.
- Working as as a staff coach within the grassroots divisions (U8-U12). This includes:
- Organizing teams and squads prior to each season.
- Leading a team of coaches to manage a division.
- Attending all training sessions within the relevant divisions (typically from 6:00-7:30pm, up to 3 times weekly).
- Attending games as required (typically on weekends)
Qualifications of Staff Coach:
- Coaching experience/qualifications
- Possesses all minimum requirements to coach competitive soccer in Ontario
- Possess a minimum CSA-B or CSA Youth coaching license (or have it completed by 2024
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coaching high level youth soccer.
- Playing experience:
- University, college, semi-pro or professional playing experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication:
- Excellent and timely written communication skills for liaising with coaches, managers, parents and staff
- Commensurate with experience and qualification, the position will carry an annual salary range between $45,000.00 and $65,000.00.
Interested candidates are asked to complete the following application form which includes an opportunity for submitting an CV or resume.
If you have any questions, please email GM@OTTAWATFC.COM.